It’s MY first day of 100% working from home. That’s right, no more day job.
I feel free and untethered and so very relaxed in the shoulder area.
I am also losing it. Literally. Last week I lost my keys, this week I lost my wallet. If I don’t get grounded and focused soon, I’m likely to lose my dog. Instead of stressing about this last night, I went to sleep early. This morning I woke up early and well rested. Here’s what I’ve accomplished so far.
- Cleaned parts of my house that haven’t been touched in 3 months.
- Made a Girafa Coaching business plan/vision board
- Invited my Brain Trust to dinner next week to look at the prototype of my BOOK.
- Organized the flow of that evening.
- Took out the recycling
- Changed my backdrop on my email to something soothing – this was HUGE. My email is now a relaxing place to hang out instead of bright and squint inducing.
- Had lunch with a friend
- Played with my dog
- Paid bills
- Connected with a few clients
- Made a “Love Letter” book for myself. I’ve been meaning to do this for months – I have a blank notebook and a stack of cards and letters just waiting. This morning, I assembled the book and LOVE the feel of all my love letters in one pretty place. It inspires me to send some of my own 🙂
It’s only 2pm. I’m still aiming to post this blog, meet with my business partner and coach a new client. THEN head to the Giants game. That’s what I call a good work-life balance!
I found that with rest and TIME, I am able to take care of the 1000 little things I’ve been avoiding/unable to get to for the last, forever. Not just time today, but knowing that if I don’t finish things today, I can pick back up on them tomorrow. Or the day after that. What it really feels like, is flow.
It’s the start of Fall, and I can’t help thinking of abundance, harvest and transitions. I see this pattern in Coaching a lot. Clients come in with one Major Issue, and when that issue starts to not seem so Major, other things start flowing, and their entire lives become more buoyant and fun, flow. That’s where I’m at. Casting off the dead weight, becoming more buoyant. As these smaller (and huge! business plan!) things get taken care of, the entire boat of my life is starting to rise, and I am super excited for it.
Maybe it’s not (maybe it is!) your First Day of jumping fully into whatever you’ve always wanted, but it IS the First Day of SOMETHING – What is it YOUR first day of?